Nutrition Challenge BONUS!

Posted: January 29, 2015 in Uncategorized

The first person to respond with the correct answer wins a point. One trivia bonus point per person in the next 24 hours.

The point goes in the last column on your spreadsheet as a “Bonus.” This means that you could actually get 4 bonus points this week!

Question 5
What is CrossFit’s exact definition of fitness? Also in your own words? And, knowing the definition, is your fitness on the rise?

Comments
  1. Sara M. says:

CrossFit is a regimen of constantly varied (CV), functional movements (FM) performed at high intensity (@HI) in a communal environment leads to health and fitness.

My own words – CrossFit is about bettering oneself via Heath and fitness through an amazing group of people with the same goal.

Yes!! My fitness is on the rise!!

Now to sleep again (dogs had a pee break)

• Sara M. says:

Also… Now that I’m fully awake… An extra tidbit: If I had to choose only a few words to describe CrossFit (Crossfit Jackson), it would be “My Second FAMILY!” Family being the key word… You all are an amazing group of people, and I’m super proud to be a part of the CFJ tribe! 💪☺️

2. MaryLawson Day says:

Emperically driven clinically tested fitness across multiple domains.
    I’d agree with this. For me, being able to measure progress and keep up with my kids.

3. Jennie says:

Still looking for CrossFit’s exact definition of fitness for our last bonus point in this round.

• Sara M. says:

It’s not: “Constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement.” ??

That’s pretty much the most consistent phrase out there… Even on the CrossFit site… 😔 lol

• Anthony M says:

Constantly vaired work across a broad range of time and modal domains.

• Jennie says:

So close. I’ll give y’all the first word…”increased”

• Anthony M says:

Work/time aka horsepower

• Anthony M says:

That’s what drew me to crossfit. I was sizing pumps for some pump stations and was introduced to this definition about the same time and it made so much sense. I also liked his definition of health area under the curve for work capacity over time. Right now my work capacity is lower than its been in awhile. Until our last partner wod I was not really motivated to keep the pump going strong. I saw JD suffering on 135lb thrusters and thought to myself hell yeah I want in on this fight. So thanks JD for helping me get my want to.

• Sara M. says:

CrossFit makes use of three different standards or models for evaluating and
      guiding fitness. Collectively, these three standards define the CrossFit view of
      fitness. The first is based on the ten general physical skills widely recognized
      by exercise physiologists. The second standard, or model, is based on the performance
      of athletic tasks, while the third is based on the energy systems that
      drive all human action.

GENERAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
      If your goal is optimum physical competence
      then all the general physical
      skills must be considered:
      1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance
      – The ability of body systems to
      gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
      2. Stamina – The ability of body systems
      to process, deliver, store, and
      utilize energy.
      3. Strength – The ability of a muscular
      unit, or combination of muscular units,
      to apply force.
      4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize
      the range of motion at a given joint.
      5. Power – The ability of a muscular
      unit, or combination of muscular units,
      to apply maximum force in minimum
      time.
      6. Speed – The ability to minimize the
      time cycle of a repeated movement.
      7. Coordination – The ability to combine
      several distinct movement patterns
      into a singular distinct movement.
      8. Agility – The ability to minimize
      transition time from one movement
      pattern to another.
      9. Balance – The ability to control the
      placement of the bodies center of
      gravity in relation to its support base.
      10. Accuracy – The ability to control
      movement in a given direction or at a
      given intensity

• Sara M. says:

“…increased work capacity across broad time, modal, and age domains. Work capacity is the ability to perform real physical work as measured by force x distance / time (which is average power). Fitness is this ability in as many domains as possible.”

**crossing fingers**

4. Sara M. says:

CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.

?????

5. Sara M. says:

Ha….geez this is killing me… 😉

6. Sara M. says:

Health/Fitness can now be concisely and precisely defined as increased work capacity across broad time, modal, and age domains. Work capacity is the ability to perform real physical work as measured by force x distance / time (which is average power). Fitness is this ability in as many domains as possible.

I hope this is right?? I have to start work in a few min…. this depresses me! lol

7. Jennie says:

Point to Sara

Much more value than a point goes to Anthony. Glad to hear you found your want to. And glad to have you back.

8. Jennie says:

Answer: increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains. We want for you to be able to do more, no matter your circumstances.