2015 November 25 WOD

Posted: November 25, 2015 in Uncategorized

Today we will be open for classes at 5 and 6AM and again at 5 and 6PM. Everyone please come get one last WOD in before the Thanksgiving feast that is sure to impact your performance and productivity for the next few days! We are closed tomorrow and open for one WOD at 10AM on Friday and one WOD at 9AM on Saturday (no yoga, no 10:30).

Hero: “Omar”

For time:
10 Thrusters (95/65)
15 Bar-facing burpees
20 Thrusters
25 Bar-facing burpees
30 Thrusters
35 Bar-facing burpees

Post WOD

Count all of your blessings and let this community know something you’re thankful for!

Comments
  1. Nickhayes says:

Prewod 10:37/105c

70# thrusters
    Push-ups

Postwod 2k row 10:08/108c

Seth
    Prewod 2k row

Rx’d

Postwod 2k row

2. Nickhayes says:

I’m thankful for CFJ and the Keel family. I’ve been blessed to have them in my life for many years.

3. Gary C says:

Time 14:43 starting weight 75 first round and then 65 afterwards. I am grateful for my family, health and the ability that God has given me to enjoy crossfit. In January I had bells palsy. The rightside of my face was paralyzed. At first I thought it would go away within a week and everything would be back to normal. A couple of weeks passed by and it got worse. The right side of my face was starting to droop and I couldn’t close my eye lid without using my hand to close it. My speech was slurred because I couldn’t use the facial muscles. About the beginning of February I started to feel twitching in the rightside of my face and it felt great to see that gradually feeling was coming back to my face.

4. jks says:

Metcon 25:00 75#

5. jduse3 says:

Hero Omar
    19:26 w 75# Thrusters
    Thankful for my health, my family, this community of new friends at CFJ, and our savior Jesus Christ.

6. bbevis says:

16:40 35lb Thrusters (could have gone a heavier +10lbs on thrusters)

Thankful there are no burpees tomorrow. 🙂 And for my health and employment.

7. Jennie says:

Thankful for our heroes…and rest days! 😅

8. Matt Z. says:

Healthy family, job, great gym community – all worth many thanks.

9. Jim Droke says:

75# thruster
    Thankful for family, job and a great place to get stronger.

10. Shea says:

Omar: 12:26 Rx
    I’m thankful for my salvation, my family/CFJ family, friends, job, church, health, freedom & so much more. Happy Thanksgiving!

11. Tanya says:

25# DBs, overhead w/ left only
    burpees over paralette

So much to be thankful for.
    Things at the top of my list: Being JD’s wife for 20 years!!, mother to the boys for 14 years, freedom, family, really great friends, good jobs, full bellies, & good health.
    Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

12. Yin Blake says:

14:38 rx

13. Megan says:

12:04 Rxd
    I am thankful for Being alive to live life everyday to the fullest !! For my family , friends and an amazing gym with awesome people that I look forward to going to everyday !! 😊

14. Cara says:

55#
    Burpeeswere slow, but unbroken which is huge for me!

Lots to be thankful for! I’m thankful for my precious baby girl, the sweetest stepson, a loving husband, a wonderful family, great friends, and for CFJ, a place that I love to get fit and hang out for way too long after! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

15. Cara says:

55#
    Burpees were slow, but unbroken which is huge for me!

16. Kim says:

15:16 @55#
    Thankful for God’s unconditional love, my family, great friends/community, hope, and second chances. And so much more. I am blessed.

17. Missy Champine says:

Omar @ 60%
    Started with 63 lbs, but reduced to 55 after the first round.
    6 thrusters
    9 burpees
    12 thrusters
    15 burpees
    18 thrusters
    21 burpees

I’m thankful for many things this year.
    We just found out we’re going to be grandparents!
    Our oldest son graduated law school, passed the bar exam, and was hired by the Shelby County District Attorney. His wife, a nurse, was hired by Baptist Memorial Hospital. Their baby is due next June.
    Our second son was hired by the Memphis Police Department and is almost through with the FTO program.
    Steve and Cooper, our third son, shot their first bucks this month, and Cooper’s was mount-worthy!
    After back surgery in April to remove cyst from my spine that had caused me to experience debilitating pain for months, I have now been able complete 8 unbroken weeks of CrossFit!